UCSC students spend a quarter in Sacramento
taking courses and interning with students from the other UC campuses!
APPLICATIONS ARE EARLY -- see deadlines below !
available to Junior's and Senior's
Each UC campus selects its own undergraduate Scholar Intern
SUMMER Program 2013 Friday, April 26th
FALL Quarter 2013 Friday, May 31st
- Earn full time units at the UC Center Sacramento
- Internships created just for you and based on your interests
- Special housing for UC student
UC Center Sacramento: http://uccs.ucdavis.edu/
Qualification and application include:
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student standing
must be achieved before entrance into the program
- Resume: Include jobs, internships,
volunteer work, activities and relevant course work.
(see sample Resume that prints with the application)
- Official transcript with evaluations:
unofficial copies with evaluations accepted, you can print
from your student portal - your name must be printed on transcript
when printing copy not written in.
- Need to complete the Faculty endorsement form and provide contact information for two additional references: (download form from the UCCS web site). Contact a faculty who is familiar with your work and can vouch for your ability to excel in the program and in this environment.
Letter writers should be people who know you well and
can speak to your ability to succeed in this environment.
- Faculty member preferred (TA acceptable but professor on record
must also sign the letter)
- the other can be from an employer, adviser or another equivalent
*Letter writer guideline available at the UCCS web site, download
the page and provide it to them.*
- Personal essay: What experiences, skills, and
knowledge do you hope to gain from a Quarter/Summer spent interning
in Sacramento and why? Please be as specific as possible. Provide
examples of activities or experiences that show you are prepared
for the professional, academic, and personal challenges of the
program. If you have research goals while in Sacramento, please
attach additional information regarding your plans. (350 word
Undergraduate applications are submitted to Sheila at the UCSC Career
If you have questions contact:
Sheila Rodriguez, Internship Adviser
UCSC Career Center, Internship Program
305 Bay Tree Bldg.
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
email@example.com -- (831) 459-2184