Information for Students
Internships provide a distinct career advantage. Internships are
the ideal way to obtain relevant work experience, develop specific
skills, determine if a career field is the right one for you, and
create a networking system.
A 2007 survey conducted by the National Association of Colleges
and Employers (NACE) found that companies are offering 70% of their
interns full-time work after graduation -- up from 52% in 2005.
A recent study released by the Vault.com shows that almost 9 out
of 10 (86 percent) college graduates reported completing at least
one internship, and more than two-thirds (69 percent) reported completing
two or more internships. In the current competitive job market,
students who have completed one or more internships during college
have a distinct advantage.
Start preparing for your career with an internship now.
The Fair Labor Standards Act: Paid or Unpaid Internship?
The Career Center Internship Program
offers assistance to students and provides various internship resources
in your search for an internship.
These resources include:
- A one hour Internship workshop that covers the process to selecting
and internship including: self-assessment; the search, the application;
the interview; and making the most of your internship. Handouts
on material information will be provided for your use. See the workshop
schedule for dates and times.
- Internship directories, such as the Internship Bible, Peterson's
Internship, and more are available at the center's resource library;
a list of Internship Web Sites for an internet search; the Internship
Connection Database that lists hundreds of internships; the UCSC
Internship Directory lists campus departments and programs that
- The Career Center co-sponsors professional level paid and/or
credit bearing internships including: the Chancellor's Undergraduate
Internship program (CUIP) and the
University of California Center in Sacramento (UCCS).
Log in and complete your SlugQuest profile to view job & internship listings
Internship Programs - Professional Level Paid/Credit-Bearing Internships
- Chancellor's Undergraduate Internship Program (CUIP)
- Internships at the UC Santa Cruz paying $8200 scholarship
- University of California Center in Sacramento (UCCS)
- Earn credit and intern at the state capitol
- UCSC campus and department Internship Programs
- A complete listing of UCSC Internship Programs
- Student Volunteer Center
- Internship and Volunteer opportunities